Sunday, July 17, 2011

A week back in the States - sorry for not posting

Well we made it back to the States! Our consulate appointment got moved up to the 6th, so we went back to Shanghai on the 8th, spent a couple days getting to know the people from the Healing Home where our two oldest still are.  The rest of us made the first flight we tried for - as usual, there were EXACTLY enough seats left for us to make it to Chicago. And they fed us 3 or 4 times - I love free food!!!!! God continues to surprise us by letting us know that He even controls the number of available airplane seats so we can get home for free. And they were all together.....

So we've been back almost a week now. Things are going really well.  Liam is a totally easy baby. Smiles a lot and doesn't seem to be having any attachment issues or significant grieving going on - except when Jenn gets more than 8 feet away from him.  Keane has been asking some pretty funny stuff - I think misinterpretation from the electronic translator is helping:
     Do the boys go to school? (We homeschool!)
     Where will I get my knowledges? ( I told him from us - that probably has him really scared!)
     Do you have money for ALL of this? (We had to stock up at WalMart with almost two carts of stuff - including 20 or 30 of the 20cent notebooks and stuff like that)
     I asked if he were happy or sad and he told me, "I have two plates..."

It is obvious that he has been surprised at some things, too:
     I don't think he expected me to drive our own car.
     Or own our own car.
     Or own more than one car and keep it at our house!
     Everybody gets ice in their water all day long.
     We eat uncooked spinach at every meal.
     We really are going to do school at home............................
   
 And then we went to the beach for the day. Enjoy the pictures!


3 comments:

  1. So glad to see the updates! So happy all is going so well. I'm so excited for all of you. The post made me laugh out loud!

    Congrats!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is so good to read!! I'm so glad everything is going so very well!!! And I love all the pictures. Looks like Liam loves the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant that Keane loves the beach. Though Liam looks like he is loving the sand!

    ReplyDelete